Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bagels!


Yes! Another baking challenge conquered!

Earlier today I stopped by one of my favorite places to stock up for this coming year in college, Costco! I love to shop there occasionally to pick up things I wouldn't want to buy individually, like Luna Bars and contacts solution. :) However, since we have a huge tub of cream cheese in our fridge that's been left unopened my mom and I agreed we should definitely buy bagels. But, when we got to the register we found out they came in packages of 12 not 6! Now I like myself a fresh bagel, but 12??? That's a lot even for my family.

So when I got home, I came to the only natural solution- make my own bagels! And that I did. :-) Following the wonderful advice from the authors of "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes A Day," I successfully made bagels, and definitely enjoyed them more than some store-bought ones (Sorry Costco!)

Even though I had to boil them shortly before baking them, the extra time and care was completely worth it and turned out some seriously authentic bagels. In the spirit of encouraging others to buy cookbooks, I REALLY recommend this one, as it has not failed me yet and never ceases to amaze me by creating wonderful and easy bread.

Enjoy the photos :)




Happy Baking!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment