A simple and healthier version of chocolate biscotti with yummy morsels of dried apricot in every bite!
But I certainly won't hold it against you if you decide to sub in chocolate chips for the fruit! :-)
Chocolate Apricot Biscotti
(adapted from Cook Yourself Thin)Ingredients
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, almonds, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt
- Beat egg whites and sugar in a small bowl and add the vanilla extract.
- Slowly, add the dry ingredients to the wet.
- Fold in the dried apricots.
- Shape into a log and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then take out and let cool for 15 minutes. Cut the log into 12 pieces and return to sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until dry and crisp.
Sorry for the lack of pictures- these went too quickly for me to snap a shot of them!