Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread



With the leaves starting to fall these days and the cold windy weather we had all day, I wanted to make something comforting and simple.

And, weirdly enough I've had pumpkin on the brain this whole week. I finally got myself to Whole Foods and bought canned pumpkin! Mmm, I was so excited to see it on the shelves again. However, I sinfully bought a boxed mix for the pumpkin bread. BUT, I added real pumpkin! And chocolate chips :-) Either way, this deliciously moist and spicy bread definitely hit the spot.


Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
(from a mix)
Ingredients:
  • 1 package pumpkin bread mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup canned organic pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Combine the dry mix with 2 eggs and pumpkin. Stir until smooth and fold in chocolate chips.
  3. Pour batter into a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
  4. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and a knife stuck in the center comes out clean.
I hope you're enjoying the tell-tale signs of fall approaching!
Happy Baking!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment