With the leaves starting to fall these days and the cold windy weather we had all day, I wanted to make something comforting and simple.
And, weirdly enough I've had pumpkin on the brain this whole week. I finally got myself to Whole Foods and bought canned pumpkin! Mmm, I was so excited to see it on the shelves again. However, I sinfully bought a boxed mix for the pumpkin bread. BUT, I added real pumpkin! And chocolate chips :-) Either way, this deliciously moist and spicy bread definitely hit the spot.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
(from a mix)
- 1 package pumpkin bread mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned organic pumpkin
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the dry mix with 2 eggs and pumpkin. Stir until smooth and fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and a knife stuck in the center comes out clean.
I hope you're enjoying the tell-tale signs of fall approaching!