Simple Veggie Saute
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces asparagus, washed and cut into inch-long pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, washed and cubed
- 2 small yellow squash, washed and cubed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, washed and cut into 1 inch x 1 inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, washed and cut into 1 inch x 1 inch pieces
- 1 small eggplant, washed and cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large saute pan on medium-high heat.
- Add chopped vegetables and stir to coat in butter.
- Let vegetables simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes, while in a small bowl you combine the garlic and tomato pastes, olive oil and garlic salt.
- Whisk together with a fork until the ingredients combine and drizzle over the pan of vegetables. Stir to incorporate.
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes, covered, and then add salt and pepper to taste, continually stirring.
- Cook for about 5-10 more minutes, or until vegetables become tender but do not let them get mushy.
- Remove from heat, stir again, and serve!
Happy Cooking! :-)