Also, a few days ago I sent in a photo from this blog to PhotoGrazing.com, a site that shows off various pictures of food from bloggers and other sites. They said that any pictures that got chosen would be put up within 48 hours, so by this morning I had sort of lost hope that I would get a spot on this beautiful site, but lo and behold- at 9:55 this morning my picture was up there! If you want to go take a look, search for this web-link, or the Rhubarb Apple Crisp I made on Sunday.
(from Inspirational Ingredients)
Yields about 15 scones (When I doubled the recipe it made 30)
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups Blueberries (use however many you have or like, I used more becausewell, I like more)
- 1/4 cup Sugar plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg – Beaten
1. In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest
2. Cut butter into squares and add to dry ingredients until just combined
3. Add egg, sour cream, vanilla, lemon juice and blueberries and mix until
it just comes together.
4. Move to floured surface and knead softly until combined and form into a circle
about an inch and 1/2 thick.
5. Drop 1 1/2 inch scoops of dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet
6. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
7. Bake for Approx. 20-25 minutes or until just golden brown.