Molten Chocolate Cookies
(adapted from Guittard)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Melt chips and butter. In microwave melt for 1 minute then stir, then 30 seconds and stir again, and 30 seconds more and stir (should be smooth but thick) and set aside to let cool.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, sugar and vanilla until pale yellow and slightly thickened. Mix in chocolate. Stop and scrape bowl. Add baking powder and flour until just incorporated, stop and scrape bowl once. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Scoop eight 2-inch mounds onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet leaving 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 12 minutes or until crusty on the outside but soft in the center. Cool on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes. Best when served warm.
***If you eat them later, microwave on high for about 10 seconds per cookie, to enjoy the soft chewiness :)***