Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I know, I'm just a little bit bad


So.... this is a little embarassing.

Here I was, sitting at home after baking those yummy brownie-cupcakes, just enjoying my missed but DVR-ed episodes of "The Next Food Network Star, and boredom struck.

My episode ended, and my fingers started itching for the mushy texture of flour and butter...... and yeast.


So I did a bad thing... I went on Photo Grazing.... and I saw a recipe for 1-hour bread. But not just bread: Whole Wheat Bread. Easy, quick, FAST whole wheat bread.

So I got my booty off the couch and glanced around sneakily, just to make sure no one was watching me prepare to bake for a SECOND time today, and since I'm home alone, I sort of justified my baking habit.

But really, can you blame me?
I had a whole unopened bag of flour AND I even had the yogurt I needed for this bread! So, yes.
I baked again.

But I'll share. ;-)

REALLY Fast Bread
(adapted from All Recipes)

1. In a large bowl, combine:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 1/4 tsp (one package) active dry yeast (I used active dry and it was fine)
1 large tsp salt

2. In a saucepan, combine and heat to melt together all ingredients (just boiling):
1 cup water
1/3 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
30 grams unsalted butter

3. Add to dry ingredients in (my beautiful and adored) stand mixer, and beat until smooth. Add enough flour to form a soft dough, then exchange the paddle attachment for the dough hook and set to low speed to knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.

4. Shape into a ball and place on a nonstick or greased baking sheet. Cover and place in a warm spot. Let rise about 20 minutes.

5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. When dough has risen, bake 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on a rack and enjoy!!

Happy Baking!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment