After a bit of scavenging, I found the a combination I thought would work perfectly and made a few tweaks to perfect the dessert for my taste-buds. Today, the recipe is an homage to the wonderful Swiss student we have staying with us, with nearly all the measurements done in grams. :)
(yields 6 servings)
- 88 g. unsalted butter
- 60 g. chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 60 g. granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 70 g. cake flour
- 25 grams unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a muffin tin with 6 muffin liners.
- In medium, microwaveable bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Melt in microwave (about 1 minute, then stir, then another 30 seconds and stir again).
- Add sugar while chocolate mixture is still warm to combine.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs, stirring until silky and smooth.
- In another medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and using a spatula, gently fold together.
- With the spatula, scrape the batter into the muffin tins, to about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until you can stick a wooden skewer in the center of each cupcake and it comes out clean but still moist.
- Transfer pan to a rack to cool.