Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I thought it was impossible to ruin a chocolate chip cookie. It's such a forgiving recipe! Add a little extra flour? Counter-act with butter. Poured in too many chocolate chips? Who's going to be upset about that??

But I did it. I managed to do something so silly and out of character, that I ruined an otherwise perfectly good batch of cookies.

I overcooked them. Yes, I of the under-baked = EXTRA love variety, over-baked them. I'm not proud, but since I have so far made relatively few disastrous mistakes that could not be salvaged in the kitchen, I thought it was only fair that I share this mishap.

So the moral of the story, obviously, is don't think the time for cooking that's marked on the recipe does not apply to you. It does. Seriously. But, the cookie dough tasted amazing, so I'll try them again and get back to you with my final verdict.

In the meantime, here's some wonderful reading regarding the epic and widely known chocolate chip cookie.

Happy Baking!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment