Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tarte Aux Pommes



Comme celle de maman :)


Since I have been making so many old (and REALLY good!) things over the past few days, yesterday I had to make my honest-to-god favorite dessert; the one my mom has been making for me throughout my entire life.


I actually used to "help" her make it by mixing together the tart dough, but now it's just a good joke that we share since at age 5 I doubt I was able to really make any magic happen in the kitchen- but I loved helping!


Tarte Aux Pommes
Ingredients:

Filling-
  • 4 large tart granny smith apples (my FAVORITE apple of all time)
  • 110 grams Mott's Natural Apple Sauce
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
Pastry Crust-
  • 500 grams flour (I used 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 all-purpose this time)
  • 125 grams unsalted butter (cut into small cubes)
  • 30 grams granulated sugar
  • 3 tablespoons milk (keep more on hand nearby to help the dough come together if it's too dry)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon salt
And here is the recipe:
(Note, the ingredients I have listed here are the correct amounts- the attachment's flour amount is incorrect)

I really hold this recipe very near and dear to my heart so I hope you'll give it a try and thoroughly enjoy it. :-)

Happy Baking!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment