And here is the recipe:
Comme celle de maman :)
Since I have been making so many old (and REALLY good!) things over the past few days, yesterday I had to make my honest-to-god favorite dessert; the one my mom has been making for me throughout my entire life.
I actually used to "help" her make it by mixing together the tart dough, but now it's just a good joke that we share since at age 5 I doubt I was able to really make any magic happen in the kitchen- but I loved helping!
Tarte Aux Pommes
- 4 large tart granny smith apples (my FAVORITE apple of all time)
- 110 grams Mott's Natural Apple Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 500 grams flour (I used 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 all-purpose this time)
- 125 grams unsalted butter (cut into small cubes)
- 30 grams granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk (keep more on hand nearby to help the dough come together if it's too dry)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
(Note, the ingredients I have listed here are the correct amounts- the attachment's flour amount is incorrect)